If you are looking for a wonderful summer vegetable that is low in calories and cholesterol than look no further than these zucchini recipes. Many times you'll find zucchini mixed in with squash, but today we are going to get creative and change things up for your summer dishes. Whether you pick them right from your garden or buy them at the farmer's market, you'll be sure to enjoy one of these** 8 Delightful Zucchini Recipes** all season long...
1. Zesty Zucchini Corn Cakes...
If you are looking for a veggie version of crab cakes, this delightful zucchini recipe might just be what you're looking for. I bet this would be a tasty treat to enjoy in the morning and even one the kids might like. If you are a vegan, you may want to substitute the dairy product ingredients with soy, but I'm sure it will come out just as tasty.
• 1 cup grated zucchini
• 1/2 cup Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers® Niblets® frozen corn (from 12-oz bag), thawed
• 1/4 cup chopped onion
• 1 egg
• 1 cup Original Bisquick® mix
• 1 tablespoon milk
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• Vegetable oil for cooking, if desired
• 1/3 cup sour cream
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
• Fresh basil sprigs, if desired
• In large bowl, stir together zucchini, corn, onion, egg, Bisquick mix, milk, salt and pepper.
• Grease griddle or skillet with oil, or use nonstick griddle; heat over medium heat (350°F). For each corn cake, pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle. Cook until golden brown on both sides.
• Serve corn cakes topped with sour cream and tomatoes. Garnish with basil.