Is this two-bean soup with kale recipe not a bowl of healthy goodness! This tasty, veggie and legume filled dish is a vegan's dream that also includes vegetable, not chicken, broth. It's a meal vegans would love but one that non-vegans could enjoy as well. If you have been looking for a recipe that will satisfy your friends who have different tastes and opinions, I think this one will meet happily in the middle for both vegan and non-vegan crowds.
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 cup chopped onion
• 1/2 cup chopped carrot
• 1/2 cup chopped celery
• 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
• 2 garlic cloves, minced
• 4 cups organic vegetable broth (such as Emeril's), divided
• 7 cups stemmed, chopped kale (about 1 bunch)
• 2 (15-ounce) cans no-salt-added cannellini beans, rinsed, drained, and divided
• 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
• 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
• "Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add olive oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add onion, carrot, and celery, and sauté 6 minutes or until tender. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt and garlic; cook 1 minute. Stir in 3 cups vegetable broth and kale. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 3 minutes or until kale is crisp-tender.
• Place half of cannellini beans and remaining 1 cup vegetable broth in a blender or food processor; process until smooth. Add pureed bean mixture, remaining cannellini beans, black beans, and pepper to soup. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, vinegar, and rosemary."