6. Irish Stew Low Sodium Recipe...
Canned soups and stews are very high in sodium, so the trick to enjoying a low sodium recipe is to make your own soup or stew with fresh ingredients and by using low sodium broth. You can also find many salt alternatives like the Mrs. Dash seasoning that is used in this recipe. This Irish stew will not only keep you warm on those cold nights but it will keep your heart healthy as well.
• 1 heaping capful Mrs. Dash® Garlic and Herb Seasoning Blend
• 2 Tbsp. (30mL) vegetable oil
• 2 lbs. (908g) stewing beef, cut into 1" (2.5cm) cubes
• 1 14 1/2 Oz. (392g) low sodium beef broth
• 1 bay leaf
• 4 medium onions, cut into quarters
• 6 medium carrots, cut into thirds
• 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into small pieces
• 1 cup (240mL) frozen peas
• "Heat oil in large saucepan and add beef, brown on all sides. Add beef broth, bay leaf and Mrs. Dash® Garlic and Herb Seasoning Blend. Cover and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
• Add onions, carrots and potatoes, simmer for another 30 minutes or until beef and vegetables are tender. Add peas to beef, continue cooking for another 10 minutes.
• Remove bay leaf, serve hot."