3. Chicken and Apple Salad Low Sodium Recipe...
You might be thinking, "Well of course a salad is going to be healthy for me", but many salad recipes out there are loaded with calories and ingredients that just don't make it a "salad" any more! With this low sodium recipe you can enjoy a satisfying salad and still feel that you have eaten a healthy meal. There is also a delicious dressing recipe that will help keep you on track that you can use on this and other salad recipes you enjoy.
• 2 tsp. (10mL) Mrs. Dash® Lemon Pepper Seasoning Blend
• 1 cup (240mL) fat-free sour cream
• 1/4 cup (60mL) honey
• 1 tsp. (5mL) poppy seeds
• 1 tsp. (5mL) red wine vinegar
• 2 green apples
• 2 red apples
• 1 Tbsp. (15mL) fresh lemon juice
• 3 cups (720mL) chopped cooked chicken breast
• 1 cup (240mL) diced celery
• 1/2 cup (120mL) diced red onion
• 1/2 cup (120mL) chopped pecans
• 1/2 cup (120mL) raisins
• "Mix together dressing ingredients in a small bowl; cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
• Core and chop apples into 1-inch pieces. Place in a large mixing bowl and toss with lemon juice.
• Add remaining ingredients. Toss with dressing before serving.
• Tip: Prepare cooked chicken by sprinkling 3 boneless, skinless, chicken breast halves with Mrs. Dash® Chicken Grilling Blend. Grill until cooked through; Cool and chop into 2-inch pieces."