2. Apple and Zucchini Salad...
I've been eating a lot of salads lately and I'm looking for some creative yet healthy recipes to make the idea of "salad" less boring. I love cucumbers, but have never thought of putting zucchini in my salad until seeing this recipe. I remember eating zucchini when I was younger, but it was mostly as a side dish mixed in with yellow squash. I'm really looking forward to making **zucchini recipes **as the main dish, especially since they are healthy ingredient to enjoy.
• 1/3 cup vegetable oil
• 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 1 teaspoon sugar
• 1 teaspoon dried basil
• 3/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
• 2 large Red Delicious apples, diced
• 1 large Granny Smith apple, diced
• 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
• 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
• 2 cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
• Leaf lettuce
• Combine oil and next 6 ingredients in a jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously.
• Combine apple and next 3 ingredients; toss with dressing. Serve on individual lettuce-lined serving plates.