Avocados have been trending recently on restaurant menus in #everything from burgers to salad and for good reason too, they are high in vitamins C and K and are full of potassium and fiber. I have only tried avocado recipes that include burgers or guacamole so I would love to try other avocado recipes that use the fruit in a whole new way! Check out these 10 Tasty Avocado Recipes Everyone will Love and tell us which one is your favorite...
1. Avocado and Walnut Bread...
Last year I made my first ever baked bread from one of my favorite banana recipes and I couldn't have been more thrilled with how delicious it turned out. Now that I've conquered my first bread #recipe, why not make my first avocado recipe with bread! My husband loves walnuts and I love avocados, so I know this will be a big hit in our house.
• 1 cup organic white, unbleached spelt flour
• 3/4 cup organic whole spelt flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
• pinch of salt
• 4 large free-range eggs
• 1/2 cup organic fat-free yoghurt
• 1 avocado, mashed
• 3 tbsp walnut oil
• 1 cup walnuts, chopped
• "Preheat oven to 180C and prepare a standard size loaf tin."
• "In a medium bowl, sift together the flours, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Beat the eggs in another bowl and beat in the yoghurt, #avocado and oil. Fold the dry ingredients into the egg mixture, add the walnuts and fold to combine. Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean."
Source: Scandi Foodie